The Collingsworth Family is a long time favorite of mine, and when I found out I would be able to do an interview with their oldest daughter, I was really excited! First let me tell you a little bit about the Collingsworth Family.
Excitement, spiritual anointing, family-emphasis, and musical excellence are what you can expect to find when you step across the threshold of the auditorium for an Evening of Family Worship and Praise with The Collingsworth Family.
Since their first engagement together as musicians for a church camp in Petersburg, Michigan in August, 1986 until now, the ministry God has given Phil & Kim has expanded and flourished until it is a full-time livelihood that involves their entire family. Their boundaries of influence have expanded until they have sung and played all over the United States (as well as internationally) into their 27th year of ministry. Their constant, persistent attention to cutting-edge arranging, musical excellence, and a proper balance of spiritual emphasis are the keys to success God has helped them tap.
2. When you were younger did you enjoy being on the road? I've never known anything else but traveling, so yes I enjoyed being on the road and all the things that I got to experience that would have been impossible had I not.
3. How long have you been singing? Since I was 2 years old. That would make it 23 years! However, full time, it has been about 16 years.
4. How did you and your husband meet and how long have you been married? My husband and I met on the volleyball court at a Youth Convention when I was 16, I believe. We dated for about 2 years and have been married now for a little over 4.
5. What is your favorite song? I don't have a favorite song over all but my favorite hymn is It Is Well.
6. What is your favorite food? Italian for sure!
7. Do you have any hobbies? What are they? Yes, my hobbies would include thrift shopping, cooking, reading, and sports. :)
8. Share a memory from being on the road. A good traveling memory for me would be the time we got to perform for a private party in a 13 million dollar mansion. Such a neat place!!!
9. You recently had your first child, share something about being a parent. Well, I am so in love with my baby girl. She brings so much joy!! Being a parent is so new for me, but I can now somewhat understand why my parents did what they did and said what they said when I was a kid. I get it now. The love that overwhelms you for that little person is simply incredible.
10. What is something most people don't know about you? Well, a lot of people probably don't know that I played city league soccer and softball for years. I'm a sports lovin girl :)