I was recently able to do an interview with Susan Whisnant!
First let me tell you a little bit about the group.
1. When did you get saved? I was saved when I was 5 years old in our home on a morning getting ready for church. Made it public when I got to church. My dad led me to the Lord.
2. Tell us a little bit about your family. I married Jeff Whisnant in 1988. We have 2 sons that travel with us and are a part of our ministry. Austin is 20 and plays bass with The Whisnants. He's been on stage with us since he was 14. Ethan is 17 and is in the 11th grade. We homeschooled both of our kids and they have always been a vital part of our ministry. Ethan is a great singer and helps with the sound.
4. How did you get started in Southern Gospel Music? My mom and dad, Roland and Carol Dry, have always been a part of Southern Gospel music. They had a quartet when I was young. Then, at the age of 12, I started singing with them. I met Jeff Whisnant at age 17 and the rest is history.
5. Share one of your favorite memories. Hmmm... I have so many!!! Honestly, every day is a memory maker with my family! I love and enjoy being with my family.
6. What is your favorite song? I have many.... Today we'll go with "Praise His Name" by Jeff and Sheri Easter. Anytime I'm going through "stuff".... I sing this song!!!
7. Do you have any hobbies? If so what are they?This is sad.... But shopping!!! I love just looking for things... Whether I buy or not. I also love to get in my car and drive!!! Matters not where I go but just being in my car and sometimes being alone...(thankful that gas prices have gone down).
8. What's your favorite food?
9. What is the strangest food you've ever eaten?Deer meet.... Quite by accident....
10. Where do you call home?
We call Morganton, NC home. We aren't here very often but that's where we live. When my kids were little... I would tell them that "home is wherever mom and dad are".
Susan it was an honor! Thank you so much.
I hope you enjoyed the interview! We enjoyed finding out a little bit more about her! :) If you want to see if they are ever around you go check out their website!