Hey everybody! I was able to do an interview with Tammy Rice! I was able to meet Tammy at NQC and she is the sweetest! Tammy is the wife of Arthur Rice, who is Lead singer and emcee for the Kingdom Heirs.
Let me tell you a little bit about the Kingdom Heirs "From the Mountains of East Tennessee, Southern Gospel Music fills the air and is the home of The Kingdom Heirs, one of Southern Gospel Music’s top Male Quartets. The group sang in local churches and concert halls in 1981, and as their music and message spread to a wider audience, so did their popularity and demand. Later in 1981 they began singing at the Silver Dollar City theme park, which is now Dollywood. In 1986 when the theme park took on their new name, The Kingdom Heirs were asked to become the resident gospel group and now this year, both The Kingdom Heirs and Dollywood will be celebrating 30 years. Not only are they one of Dollywood’s favorites, but a favorite to millions everywhere."
Lets get started!
- 1. When did you get saved? I got saved when I was 12 years old during VBS at my home church, Calvary Heights Baptist in Martinsville, Indiana.
- 2. Tell us a little bit about you and your family. I am truly blessed to have my family. My husband is Arthur Rice. I honestly can't begin to tell you what he means to me. He is my best friend, soul mate and I thank the Lord every day for bringing him into my life. We fit together like cake and ice cream. Our oldest son is Bradley. He is an incredible godly man. He graduated this past fall with his bachelor’s degree. He is the manager of the Southern Gospel Music Association, Hall of Fame and Museum in Dollywood. He also works as a personal trainer in health and fitness. We love him living at home and never want him to leave. Our youngest son is Kaleb. He is in 8th grade and very mature young man for his age. His passion is baseball or anything with the word ball in it. He keeps us very busy going to baseball games all over the globe. I'm so blessed to have 3 incredible men in my home. My parents are Larry & Melinda and they live 5 minutes down the road. I would not be where I am today without them and I love them so much. I work at our church, First Baptist Church in Sevierville, TN. I have been there a little over 6 years in the children's ministry. I love my job and my church.
- What is your favorite song? I would have to say the same as my husbands, Forever Changed. Praise The Lord that since I got saved I am forever changed and in His kingdom.
- What is your favorite food? If I would have to say just one, I would say Mexican.
- What is your favorite place to shop? Five Oaks Tanger mall is really close to home and they have just about everything we need!
- What is the strangest food you've ever eaten? I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food but I would have to say alligator. Arthur always wants me to just take one bite of the strange food he is eating. To me, seafood is strange.
- What is your favorite Bible verse? Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:3-5
- What is something most people don't know about you? My grandpa was Bobby Helms. He was a famous singer in the 60's with songs like "Jingle Bell Rock", "My Special Angel" and Fräulein. He's in heaven now and I miss him very much. I still love to hear "Jingle Bell Rock" played every Christmas season.
- Do you have any hobbies? If so what are they? I probably have too many hobbies for one person, there's just not enough time in the day. I love to run! I work out with a personal trainer 3x a week during my lunch hour. I run 3-4 times a week with my running partners for fellowship and exercise. I love to run half marathons and I love playing golf with Arthur every chance I get. I try not to miss any of Kaleb's baseball games. I could go on!
- Share one of your favorite memories. One of my all-time favorite memories is the time Arthur and I were snowed in for Christmas at a cabin. It was like a blizzard for 2 days and Gods creation was absolutely beautiful.
Tammy, thank you so much for doing this! Readers I hope you enjoyed, I really enjoyed finding out a bit more about Tammy!
Talk to y'all later!