Today we have a special feature for you! We have a video interview that Mercy did with Josh Singletary, and I (Modesty) did a email interview with Josh's wife - Kahlie!
I have met Kahlie a few times at different concerts, and chatted online a little. She is very sweet, and I've really enjoyed learning more about her. A lot of times, people don't realize what the wives are doing "behind the scenes".
- Tell us a little bit about yourself. "I am originally from Minnesota (go Gophers) and my accent is a frequent source of entertainment amongst southerners. Hockey is a huge part of my life and I’m slowly sucking Josh in. My passions are science and politics; one propels us forward and one holds us back. I've landed somewhere in the middle. Our dog is Mr. Ludwig and he loves to go on the bus!"
- Tell us the story of how you and Josh met. "My mom and another member of the Wilburn's were friends so I met Josh through her - that was in 2003. I couldn't stand him at the time. He was loud and obnoxious. By 2004, he grew on me and we chatted on AOL Instant Messenger (flashback) almost every day. In 2005, we had enough cell phone minutes and 200 texts a month so, we kept in touch that way. We started dating in at the beginning of 2006."
- What is one of your favorite characteristics/things about Josh? "His creativity and his love for people. I'm a pretty no nonsense kind of person but, he can just keep loving on people because, he knows they need it. It's a reminder that you can preach at someone all day but, you will get so much further by loving them. He is so supportive of me. If I have a crazy idea his response is always with excitement and encouragement. Some people have to sacrifice things they love when they get married; I have the opposite. He is the world’s best cheerleader AND he comes to every one of my boring, late night, men's league hockey games when he is home."
- How often do you get to travel with Josh/Tribute? "Not very often. Between working full time, going to school full time, running the girls program, coaching, playing on a travel team, and playing men's league, there isn't a lot of time to travel."
- What are your favorite Hobbies? "Hockey, golf, mountain biking and airplanes."
- What is your favorite restaurant? "Urban Grub"
- What is your favorite Bible verse? "I love Ephesians 2: 8-9 because it says it all; it’s a gift. You can’t earn it. You can accept it or you can reject it but, it’s a free gift. Isaiah 40:8 is a close second though."
- What/where is your favorite place to shop? "That's a hard one. Probably a tie between REI, Vineyard Vines, Nordstrom and Total Hockey. We have first name relationships with all 4…"
- What is something most people don't know about you? I went back to school last year and am working on a degree in Agriculture. I grew up in the city. I also killed the succulents we planted so, it's kind of an inside joke that I'm getting a Ag degree.
- How/when did you get saved? Kids camp 1997
- What is your favorite song? At the moment, it's probably "Glorious Unfolding" by Steven Curtis Chapman. Of all time? Aerosmith’s "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing." It's my golf song. Perfect swing tempo every time.
- What are your favorite/least favorite parts of being married to a SGM singer/artist? My favorite part is meeting some of the most amazing people who have become our dear friends. My least favorite is not having Josh at home on Sundays. We love our church and it's a treat when he can be home.
Mercy here, I was actually able to do this interview at NQC SpringBreak and I am so excited to finally share it with y'all. :) Enjoy!
Thank you so much Josh and Kahlie! This has been a lot of fun, and can't wait to see you both again. It has been such a blessing knowing the guys and their wives from Tribute Quartet. Readers, head on over to the Tribute Quartet website, and check when they will be in your area again. You can also purchase CD's and DVD's on their website.