If you've ever attended NQC then you are aware of the great line-up of SGM artists that you will have a chance to see, hear, meet, and get to know. Some of the groups that performed there in 2015 are : Triumphant Quartet, Tribute Quartet, Legacy Five, Greater Vision, Booth Brothers, Collingsworth Family, Jim Brady Trio, The Old Paths, The Kingsmen, Soul'd Out, The Talleys, The Kingdom Heirs, Gold City, and the list goes on and on.
- The Heritage of Gold Reunion was a big one for us. It was so neat to experience all of these artists together on a stage once again. One of our sisters was overjoyed to finally meet Jay Parrack, while some wanted to stand in line for Tim Riley.
- The Gospel Music Hymn Sing - This is a great time that you do not want to miss. Who was brought up singing out of a Red-backed Hymnal in church? We were! When you bring together so many people to sing congregational songs together, it sounds truly amazing. We also bought one of the hymnals and went around afterwards and had the artists sign the hymnal. A great souvenir!
- Majestic!! - I personally love piano... it's my favorite musical instrument. Having three of some of the top pianists in SGM on stage at one time made for a tremendous time. If you attended you also got to hear Jesse Keep (Kim's nephew who is blind) play piano, and the Collingsworth Family sing a song.
- Todd Starnes Chapel - I have followed Todd Starnes on Facebook for a while so this was a highlight of my week getting to hear him speak in person. And although I wasn't able to meet him since we had to rush off to make it somewhere else, my dad met him and bought his book... which I might add is also a very good read! :)
- A very bittersweet time for me was when the Old Paths got up on stage Thursday night. I love this group, and hearing "Long Live The King" as their last song was amazing. If they are around you before their last date on Dec. 6th, make sure you go see them!
- The Brotherhood Tour - When you have two talented groups singing together it's sure to be amazing, and believe me it was, when the Booth Brothers and Ernie Haase and Signature Sound got up on stage and sang their hearts out. Another highlight of this for me was when I found out Wayne Haun was there for this! I have Wayne's Christmas cd and play it all the time, so I was really excited when I was able to get a picture with him and set up an interview with him! :)
- Saturday Night Finale - It was truly a wonderful time, but it's very bittersweet when you realize that the week has come to an end and that you won't see some of the people you have come to call friends for months (or maybe even longer).
So there you have it! It was an amazing week filled with special memories, and we have already made plans for next year. If you haven't yet, start! We are looking forward to NQC2016, and I'm sure you will not want to miss it.
~Modesty + Mercy