Good afternoon, everyone!
It's Modesty here, with a recent interview I did with solo artist-- Tiffany Sweeley! We've been super busy (we have many more interviews coming up soon that we've been preparing, as well as other exciting happenings), but I wanted to take a few minutes to share this one with you all today.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. "My name is Tiffany Sweeley, I have been singing in the church since I was 9 years old. I grew up in the Pentecostal church where my mom played piano and organ."
2. Can you share your Testimony with us? "I came to know the Lord at a young age, but ran from my calling during my 20's. I have been ministering now for 15 years and been married for 20. In 2012, the enemy tried to destroy our marriage. We filed for divorce and sold everything but God.. God completely turned it around and resurrected our lives together. Through it all, He taught me a faith I never knew I had."
3. What got you started singing Southern Gospel Music? "My mom saw at an early age that I had a gift and helped me to develop it. When I was 13, she found me a voice teacher and I went on to receive the Masters' degree from Indiana University."
4. What is your favorite book of the Bible? "Proverbs and Psalms- Proverbs because I need to read that wisdom everyday and Psalms because I am a worshipper!"
5. What is your current favorite song that you sing?Why is it special to you? "Let It Fall"- because it is my testimony. It talks about how God can pick up the pieces and He's always in control."
6. Who has been one of (or some of) the biggest influences in your SGM singing? "I have been influenced by the Easters, The Martins, and Jerry Goff."
7. What are your hobbies? "I am really into health and fitness- so I enjoy working out and doing things outside. As a family, we love camping."
8. What is something that most people do not know about you? "I sang opera for 13 years!
Tiffany, is there anything else you'd like to share with our readers? "I am a teacher and a worshipper so I love to lead worship with music and teach Gods word. That's my hearts desire!"
Thank you, Tiffany, for allowing us to feature you. Readers- thank you for spending a few minutes with us today. Before you leave, be sure to visit Tiffany's Facebook page to keep up to date on her latest news as well as see where she will be at next.
We some exciting things in store for Two Sisters' Southern Gospel Gazette, so be sure to check back frequently.