I am excited to bring to you a new Fan Spotlight-- this time featuring Stacy Compagner from Michigan! I'm really enjoying these Fan Spotlights, and the chance to get to know our readers and fellow SG fans a little better.
1. Tell us a little about yourself : "My name is Stacy Compagner, and I am 15 years old and in 10th grade. I live on a farm in Michigan with my parents and two sisters. Besides southern gospel, I enjoy animals, running, baking, and playing flute. I also enjoy crafting and sewing things to sell at craft shows and on my facebook page, "A Farmgirl Dream and a Sewing Machine."
2. When and what got you started listening to SG? "In 2011, I went to see The Browns in concert, and that concert is what started it all! After seeing them in concert many times and getting all their CD's, we soon started seeing other groups and now have many favorites!"
3. Do you remember what album/recording, concert, or group you heard first? "My first concert I went to was in 2006 at my school and was once again... The Browns! That was where we got our first southern gospel CD's: "One Way" and "The Brown Kids - You Are Especially Special."
4. What is your favorite SG Group/s? "This is a tough one... I have so many! But I would have to say my all-time favorite is a group we just started listening to, The Mylon Hayes Family. Their CD, "Hymns and Classics" has been the only thing I have been listening to since their concert 4 weeks ago!"
5. What is one of your current favorite songs? "This is even harder! So here are a few. "Worry Ends Where Faith Begins" by the Whisnants is one of my favorites because it has such a great message that can apply to me about putting our worries in God's hands. Another favorite is "Whatever it Takes" by the Mylon Hayes Family that has such a powerful message, but one that is hard to follow; and lastly an old classic hymn, "When we see Christ" by The Browns."
6. Which SG song was last played on your iPod/CD player? "The song that I last listened to is - "Whatever It Takes" by The Mylon Hayes Family."
7. How many SG groups have you seen in concert? "I have seen about 12 groups - The Browns, The Taylors, The Mark Trammell Quartet, The Mylon Hayes Family, The Collingsworth Family, Triumphant Quartet, Greater Vision, The Booth Brothers, Southern Raised, The Jim Brady Trio, The Nelons, and The Whisnants."
8. Out of the concerts you've attending, is there one concert that really sticks out as a favorite? "One concert that sticks out the most, is when my family and I went all the way to Wisconsin to see a concert of The Mark Trammell Quartet, The Browns, and another bluegrass group. Afterwards, we got our picture taken with the Browns, (the first out of three times), and got pictures of some members of the groups together."
Stacy, Is there anything else you'd like to add for our readers? "Thank you to all southern gospel singers! We love and appreciate the music you sing so much!"
Thank you so much for participating, Stacy! Readers, I hope you enjoyed. We have several more Fan Spotlights lined up, as well as other exciting features, so be sure to check back frequently. If you are interested in being featured on Two Sisters' Southern Gospel Gazette, send us a message on FB or an email to : southerngospelgazette(at)gmail.com.