How are y'all today? We are doing great... it's been quite hectic around here, but we did want to take a few minutes to share another Fan Spotlight with you... this time we will be featuring Amanda Compagner, an eighteen year old southern gospel fan from Michigan!
1. Tell us a little about yourself. "My name is Amanda Compagner and I am 18 years old. I live on a farm in Hamilton, Michigan. Also, I am a freshman in college. I love southern gospel music, playing piano, and singing. My 2 sisters and I enjoy singing 3-part harmony."
2. When did you first start listening to SGM? "I got started listening to SG music when my grandparents asked my family if we wanted to go to a concert by the Browns about 5 years ago. After that concert, I was hooked!"
3. Do you remember the first concert you attended? "When I was around 7, I went to a few SG concerts, but at that young of an age, I didn't get into the music. The first concert that got me listening to the music was the Browns in 2011 when Jessica and Nick Trammell sang with them."
4. What is one/some of your favorite groups? "My favorite groups are the Browns and the Mylon Hayes Family."
5. What is one of your favorite songs currently, and why? "Currently, my favorite song is Redeemer of the Rain by the Collingsworth Family because we can know that God can make something good come from the hard times we're going through."
6. What SG song was last played on your iPod/CD player? "The last song I listened to was Fear Not Tomorrow by the Collingsworth Family."
7. How many groups have you seen in concert? "I have seen 12 groups - The Browns, Taylors, Collingsworth Family, Mylon Hayes Family, Mark Trammell Quartet, Nelons, Southern Raised, Greater Vision, Jim Brady Trio, and Triumphant Quartet, Jeff and Sheri Easter, and the Booth Brothers. I saw Jeff and Sheri Easter and the Booth Brothers when I was a lot younger so I don't really remember it at all."
8. Out of the concerts you've attended, is there one that really sticks out as a favorite? "All of the concerts I have been to have been great and I have enjoyed them all, but the one that sticks out to me is the Browns Christmas concert. I went with my family to Sioux City, Iowa to hear them in the Orpheum Theater. It was a beautiful place and an amazing concert!"
Amanda, thank you so much for participating in our Fan Spotlight! It is always neat to get to know some of our readers and fellow SG fans a little better. I hope you all enjoyed, and be sure to keep an eye out on our Facebook page for updates from the Singing at Sea!