Ladies and gentleman, today I want you all to spend a few minutes with me here to take a peek into the life of Blair Campbell with Saving Grace Trio! I was excited to hear Saving Grace Trio for the first time at NQC 2016, and was thrilled when Blair agreed to an interview!
1. Tell us a little about yourself. "I am 17 years old and a senior at Jackson High School in Jackson, Ga. I play volleyball and tennis and have been for the past 4 years. I love to sing, and have been singing for all of my life. I also play a few instruments including piano, mandolin, and the ukulele. Singing is my passion and I can’t wait to see where God takes Saving Grace Trio."
2. How did Saving Grace Trio begin? "We’ve been singing together since January of 2016. It all started when my dad, Melton, came off the road from singing with the Inspirations Quartet for 15 years. After all those years of traveling, he decided he wanted to be home more and spend more time with his family. I told him that the only way I’d be okay with him coming off the road is if we could start singing, so we did. Then, one day I was at my nana’s house, and we were looking through old song books. I came across this one named “Saving Grace” and right then and there I knew that that’s what I wanted to name the trio."
3. Where do you envision Saving Grace Trio in 10 years? "In the next ten years I hope for Saving Grace Trio to be traveling all around the United States singing and spreading God’s word, and traveling almost every weekend. I also hope to one day sing on the same stage as some of my southern gospel inspirations and the singers that I look up to in the industry."
4. Can you share your Salvation testimony with us? "I’ve always been in church, thanks to my amazing parents. My mom and dad are such Christian people and they’ve shown me that with God anything is possible. If you just trust in God, everything will work out according to God’s will. I got saved back in June of 2005 at a local church in my hometown during bible school. I was 4 at the time, so I really didn’t know the meaning of it. However, years later after that I was at church camp in Adrian, Ga, and got saved but this time actually understanding what I was doing and knowing what it meant, and in November of 2012 I was baptized. From then on, I’ve continued to live for Christ and do so everyday. I’ve been through many situations that if I didn’t have God, I wouldn’t have made itthrough."
5. What is one of your favorite Bible verses, and why? "Luke 1:37 “For nothing is impossible with God.” I love this verse because it just means what it says. If you believe in God and trust in him, nothing is impossible. You can do anything with God by your side."
6. What is one of your favorite songs to sing, and why? "I don’t know that I can pick a favorite song that I like to sing. I love so many that I can’t pick a favorite. However, here are a few that I love to sing: Hidden Heroes, Healin’ Stream, and We Speak Your Name."
7. Who have some of your biggest influences been as far as SGM? "My influences in the southern gospel industry are Lauren Talley, Sonya Isaacs, and Amber Eppinette. I absolutely love their voices! Their tones are just awesome as well as their huge range!"
8. What do you love most about singing with your Dad? "I love being able to sing on stage with my dad. I sometimes think about it when I’m on stage singing and get all teary eyed at the fact that I’m living my dream of singing on stage with my daddy. He’s another one of my big inspirations! No pun intended. Ha-ha"
9. What is something most people do not know about you? "Most people don’t know that I’m a certified scuba diver. I got certified when I was 10 years old back in 2011. My Uncle Dave, who is a diving instructor, was the one that certified me. He’s also a big influence in my love for music. Every time I and my brother would go to his house, we’d always sit in the living room at night and jam. Uncle Dave would be on the bass, my brother, Levi, would be on the guitar, and I’d be on the piano. Those were some fun times!"
10. What are your hobbies? "Some of my hobbies other than singing include volleyball, tennis, and drawing."
Blair, thank you so much for taking the time to do this with! We loved featuring you, and hope to see you back here on the blog in the future. Readers, please head on over and give the Saving Grace Trio page a "Like" on Facebook! We have several other fun interview in the works so be sure to keep an eye on our page, and we'll see you back here shortly!