Modesty here this morning, and I want to share an interview with you. I'm very excited about this one myself, and hope you are as well. Maria is one of the absolutely sweetest girls you'll ever meet, and I was thrilled when she agreed to appear on Two Sisters'!
Before we get started, here's a little bit of information about The Kramers Music... "The Kramers are a national and international gospel music family group currently touring and ministering at 200 events per year. Members are D. Scott Kramer (vocals, guitar, keyboards) Rachel West Kramer (vocals) and Maria Kramer Wolfe (daughter – vocals, ukulele, mandolin, piano, guitar). They are recording artists with Electric Station Records label group and booked for ministry events through the based in Madison, Indiana."
- Tell us a little about yourself. "I’m 20 years old! I was born and raised in Peoria, IL. I grew up going to public school and didn’t join the Gospel music ministry until I was 16. I’m very thankful for every opportunity I have to share about Jesus. I’m married to a precious man, Ben, and we make our home in Washington, IL."
- Your family has been in music/speaking ministry for quite a while... tell us what that was like growing up and how you participated in the ministry. "Yes, my parents have been in ministry together since before I was born. Growing up in ministry is such a blessing. When I was younger, my grandma would normally stay with my brother and me while my parents sang/spoke. In 2001, my brother was diagnosed with autism. It put traveling on “hold” for my family. My parents then focused on ministry in the state of Illinois. This was why I went to public school through my sophomore year of high school! The LORD laid it on my heart that it was time to follow Him and put my efforts towards sharing the Gospel. Growing up in ministry can be a very unique situation. We all are faced with a choice to make; make our faith our own and follow Christ or choose to go our own way apart from God. I knew that I wanted to be in the center of God’s will. I really have my parents to thank for their amazing examples in following Jesus."
- Would you share your salvation testimony with us? "This is my favorite question to be asked. :) Rightfully so, considering accepting Jesus as my personal Savior changed my life forever! When I was just four years old, my mom showed me “The Jesus Film”. I remember loving who Jesus was as I watched Him on the TV. I was endeared to how He cared for EVERYONE. Because of that, I wanted to be friends with Him. But then I watched as He was horrifically nailed to a cross. I remember crying and asking my mom why He had to die. My mom explained to me that we are all born with a sinful nature and God is holy and cannot be near sin. That’s why Jesus had to come. He was the perfect, atoning sacrifice for all of the world’s sin. We needed a Savior, and He conquered death for eternity! So even though I was only four, I knew I wanted to ask Jesus into my heart. It was a special day that I will never forget. When I went full-time in ministry when I was 16, I was baptized in the Jordan River and rededicated my life to serving Jesus."
- What is one of your favorite songs that you/your family currently sing? Why is it a favorite? "My favorite song changes often, but right now it’s “Victory In Jesus.” Our family has gone through a fiery trial this year with my brother’s health, and it’s awesome to be reminded through song that we have the ultimate victory in Jesus!"
- How do you spend your free time on the road? "When or if I have any free-time on the road, I relax as much as possible. Resting plays a big part in staying healthy when we lead such fast-paced lives! I usually don’t sing or play any instruments much, believe it or not. Instead I read, watch a movie, work on my laptop, and go for walks!"
- How many instruments do you play? "I play five instruments. Those include piano, guitar, ukulele, mandolin and flute!"
- If you could meet anyone (from past or present) who would it be? "Julie Andrews. She is my favorite actress!"
- You always dress in a very classy style... what are some of your favorite places to shop? "Well thank you so much! Believe it or not, I’m not really into fashion! When it comes to concert clothing, the majority of my clothes are from White House Black Market and Macy’s. The majority of my casual clothes are from Marshalls, T.J. MAXX, and Old Navy."
- December of last year you were married... share the story of how you and Ben met/started dating. "Yes!!! On December 12, 2016, I married my dream man, Ben Wolfe. I met him at the National Quartet Convention in 2015. Jeff Easter was the one who first approached me about Ben! He told me that I needed to introduce myself to him and that we’d be a great match. I didn’t even know who Ben was! I ended up introducing myself to Ben at the Greater Vision booth after talking to Joseph Habedank nearby. And the rest is history! We became great friends, starting dating, then got married all " ! It’s been the best year of my life.
- What advice would you give a young person wanting to pursue ministering through music? "The advice I would give someone wanting to pursue music ministry would be to stay in the Word of God. Read it every day. Spend time in prayer. Seek God’s will for your life. Never forget that your mission is for The LORD and not for yourself! Then, be grateful for EVERY opportunity and platform He gives you to sing unto Him! And lastly, be kind to people. Sometimes the biggest ministry happens when a concert is over."
Maria, thank you so much for taking the time to spend a few minutes with us sharing your story. I've loved learning a little bit more about you, and look forward to seeing you next time! Readers, hope you enjoyed the interview. Be sure to head on over to The Kramers website and Facebook page to stay up on their travels. Next time they're in your area, join them and be prepared for a special evening of worship!